Detecting whether dom0 is in a VM

Hey all,

The following systemd issue was brought to my attention:

I think basically, they want `systemd-detect-virt` return the following values:

Xen on hardware, from a dom0:  `none`
Xen on hardware, from a domU: `xen`
Xen in a VM, from a dom0: (ideally the virtualization type, or `vm-other` if not)
Xen in a VM, from a domU: `xen`

Is there a reliable set of tests which would work across all dom0 guest types / architectures?  If not, can we expose the information somehow?

 -George