Re: Violations of mandatory MISRA C:2012 Rule 19.1 in X86_64 build

On 17/07/23 14:42, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 11.07.2023 18:40, Roberto Bagnara wrote:
Mandatory Rule 19.1 (An object shall not be assigned or copied to an
overlapping object) is directly targeted at two undefined behaviors,
one of which is the subject of 6.5.16.1p3, namely:

    If the value being stored in an object is read from another object
    that overlaps in any way the storage of the first object, then the
    overlap shall be exact and the two objects shall have qualified or
    unqualified versions of a compatible type; otherwise, the behavior
    is undefined.

You can see a number of definite violations in the X86_64 build
at this link:

https://saas.eclairit.com:3787/fs/var/local/eclair/XEN.ecdf/ECLAIR_normal/origin/staging/X86_64-Set1/149/PROJECT.ecd;/by_service/MC3R1.R19.1.html

After having agreed among the x86 maintainers to switch to using casts
there, I tried to access this list again, just to find that now I'm
getting back "Cannot open database". I know you said this would go
away after a couple of weeks, but it's less than one wee that has
passed. I'll try to go from memory when making the patch, but of
course I may miss instances ...

Jan

I can generate a new database with just this rule, and we will definitely extend the period these artifacts will remain available.

--
Nicola Vetrini, BSc
Software Engineer, BUGSENG srl (https://bugseng.com)