Re: Cambridge University Talk - 9th November 2023

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 01:05:11PM +0000, Ayan Kumar Halder wrote:
> Hi Xen Maintainers/developers,
>

> As part of my talk, I wish to provide some examples of tasks that a newbie
> can easily pick up and contribute.
>
> This need not be a dedicated project, but something that can be contributed
> on an ad-hoc basis.
>
> The idea is to get more people interested in Xen project. :)
>

> I found some examples of this :-
>
> 1. Misra C fixes - Refer "Misra rule 10.3 violations report script" . Luca
> has provided an awesome script to identify the MISRA violations. This can be
> used to provide fixes.

TBH, I think doing MISRA fixes is not that attractive for a new comer,
as those are (mostly?) non-functional fixes, but I might be wrong.

> 2. https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_Projects - I think this
> page provides some pointers, but I am not sure if this is up to date.

I'm not sure how up to date this is.

> Please let me know if there are more of these examples.

gitlab contains some:

https://gitlab.com/groups/xen-project/-/issues/?label_name%5B%5D=Difficulty%3A%3A1-GOOD%20FIRST%20ISSUE
https://gitlab.com/groups/xen-project/-/issues/?label_name%5B%5D=Difficulty%3A%3A1-EASY

Regards, Roger.