Re: [XEN RFC] x86/uaccess: remove __{put,get}_user_bad()

On 08/01/24 15:44, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 08.01.2024 15:01, Federico Serafini wrote:
Additionally, looking at violations of 16.3 on X86 [1],
I think we should also consider generate_exception(),
ASSERT_UNREACHABLE() and PARSE_ERR_RET() as allowed terminals
for a switch-clause, do you agree?

No, and iirc this was discussed before. ASSERT_UNREACHABLE() is a
debug-build-only construct, so unsuitable. The other two aren't
global constructs, and hence shouldn't be deviated globally.
generate_exception() at least ends in a goto anyway, so why would
it need special treatment?

This is related to what I said before regarding the fact that Rule 16.3
is a purely syntactic rule.
The goto is within an if statement; the tool is able to considered the
fact that the condition is always true but an explicit configuration is
needed.
Sorry for the late reply.

--
Federico Serafini, M.Sc.