Re: Governance change proposal on small updates

Hi all,

I have not had any further feedback opposing this proposal and will go ahead with the changes.

Many thanks,
Kelly Choi

Community Manager
Xen Project

On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 1:00 PM Kelly Choi <kelly.choi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I am proposing a small change in how we update non-trivial matters in our governance.

Currently, any governance change requires a formal vote. However, there will be times when this is unnecessary and would hinder progress in the project. For example, my previous email proposal on changes to clarity and inclusivity language. As it stands, I have not received any pushback or feedback from the community.

To help us progress faster, I would suggest the following:
- Small changes will still need to be proposed to xen-devel and the community
- The community is welcome to give as much feedback as necessary before any changes are made
- Proposals can be changed/updated as needed, then resubmitted to the community
- Anyone can object to these changes or call a vote within 30 days of the proposal if deemed necessary
- A committer must ack the change for it to go ahead
- If the community manager does not hear any feedback within 30 days, the changes can be acked by a committer and put into the governance
- All important matters and policy changes to the community will still go through a formal voting process. This change only applies to small matters within the governance.

Examples:
- Wording or spelling changes
- Updating small sentences or clarity changes
- Adding examples to existing code of conduct policies

I welcome your thoughts on the above proposal.
Please reply by 14th January 2024 should you have any objections to this.
If by lazy consensus I do not hear back from this date, I will assume I have your agreement on this.

Many thanks,
Kelly Choi

Community Manager
Xen Project