Re: IMPORTANT - : Need help on USB port virtualization with Xen hypervisor

Hi Dominique,

On 29/02/2024 10:33, LARRIEU Dominique wrote:
Thank you for your quick answer.

You will find below our answers (in red) to your questions.

To summarize our request : what we would like is to use USB 3.0 driver with
high speed configuration.
Today, it is not possible to do that.
The driver stay in full speed mode, and more often in USB 1.0 or 2.0
configuration.

Is it possible to configure the XEN USB 3.0 driver with the high speed mode ?
(read in our answers below the reference to the driver)

Looking at what you provided below, it is still unclear what you mean by "Xen USB 3.0 driver". By any chance, are you confused with the "x" in xhci?

The drivers "xhci_hcd" and "xhci_pci" are generic and not provided/maintained by Xen. So far, with the information provided, it is unclear whether the problem is actually in the driver itself. I have a few more questions. See below.

     We are detecting several issues with USB port virtualization with the

     Xen hypervisor.

Just to clarify, you are assigning the PCI USB bus (rather than just the USB
device) to the guest. Is that correct?

If so...

[Thales] : we are using the USB chipset of the mother board (see below the