Re: xen | Failed pipeline for staging-4.19 | 2d7b6170

On Wed, Jul 24, 2024 at 03:18:50PM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 24.07.2024 15:15, GitLab wrote:
> >

> > Pipeline #1385987377 has failed!
> >
> > Project: xen ( https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen )
> > Branch: staging-4.19 (
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/commits/staging-4.19 )
> >
> > Commit: 2d7b6170 (
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/commit/2d7b6170cc69f8a1a60c52d87ba61f6b1f180132
> >  )
> > Commit Message: hotplug: Restore block-tap phy compatibility (a...
> > Commit Author: Jason Andryuk ( https://gitlab.com/jandryuk-amd )
> > Committed by: Jan Beulich ( https://gitlab.com/jbeulich )
> >

> > Pipeline #1385987377 (
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/pipelines/1385987377 )
> > triggered by Jan Beulich ( https://gitlab.com/jbeulich )
> > had 3 failed jobs.
> >
> > Job #7415912260 (
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/jobs/7415912260/raw )
> >
> > Stage: test
> > Name: qemu-alpine-x86_64-gcc
>
> This is the one known to fail more often than not, I think, but ...
>
> > Job #7415912175 (
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/jobs/7415912175/raw )
> >
> > Stage: build
> > Name: ubuntu-24.04-x86_64-clang
> > Job #7415912173 (
> > https://gitlab.com/xen-project/hardware/xen/-/jobs/7415912173/raw )
> >
> > Stage: build
> > Name: ubuntu-22.04-x86_64-gcc
>
> ... for these two I can't spot any failure in the referenced logs. What's
> going on
> there?

They are crutial information missing in that email, the actual reason
given by gitlab for the failures: "There has been a timeout failure or
the job got stuck." (That message can be seen when going to the url,
removing "/raw" part, and scrolling to the top. Or looking at the side
bar and seen a duration that well above 1h)

Communication between gitlab and the runner might be broken in those
cases, or the runner stop working.

Cheers,

--

Anthony Perard | Vates XCP-ng Developer

XCP-ng & Xen Orchestra - Vates solutions

web: https://vates.tech