[Xen-users] lvm/xen too many files opened

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Christian Hergert <christian.hergert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 04:38:30 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:38:31 +0000

I have hopefully a quick question for the Xen masters out there. I have a few xen domains running on moderate hardware (x86 p4 with HT). The unprivileged domains are running on a LVM snapshots of a template to save time in deploying test domains. While running nessus inside one of the domains, there seems to be an issue with too many files getting opened and my LVM snapshot (really a CowFS in this sense) becomes unusable and unrepairable so i cannot rebind to a new domain. Has anyone else run into this or know how to prevent this from happening? I understand you may point a finger at LVM, and if that is the case, i don't mind you telling me that ;)

~ chris