Re: [Xen-users] cannot start xend

I installed by running make install.
My xend would not start either, when I ran dist/install.sh it started working.
This was on a debian unstable.

//Peter Hellman

M.A. Williamson wrote:

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/dircache.py", line 25, in listdir
mtime = os.stat(path).st_mtime OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/xen/xend-db/domain/' ^^^

OK, this is a somewhat strange problem. The other instance of this I'm aware of was also Python 2.4. What Python were your other machines using? Is there anyone using Python 2.4 who *hasn't* seen this problem.

The other user found that manually mkdir-ing the 3 or 4 missing directories that Xend complains about fixes the problem.

Let us know how you get on,
Mark

it looks like that xend cannot start because of lacking a directory,
or it failed because of other reasons. anybody experienced this
problem, or know how to fix this?

by the way, I used to install 2.0.5 on several other machines, but
never got any trouble like this.

thank you a lot,
aq