[Xen-users] Devices not available in domain

Hello,

I got my domain up and running, receive an IP via DHCP, can login as root and it works so far.

However, when I try to login as a non-privileged user, I get

bash: /dev/null: Permission denied

And though the domain claims to be booting into runlevel 5, no X-Server is started. When I try to start X manually, I get this error message:

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (No such file or directory)

For me it looks as if I had to do something about the mode the filesystem is mounted. Is that right? Or is there another reason why some devices are not available?

I did not find a hint in the manual or the wiki.

Regards,
Gisbert