RE: [Xen-users] Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found

 > After rebooting the host machine I'm getting "Error creating domain:
> vbd: Segment not found" on a formerly working domain:
>
> #> xm create configfile -c
> Using config file "configfile".
> Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found:
> uname=file:/root/xeninstanzen/lxgia/lxgia.img
>
> My configfile looks like this:
>
> #> cat configfile
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-xenU"
> memory = 64
> name = "lxgia"
> #nics = 1
> #ip = "1.2.3.4"
> disk = ['file:/root/xeninstanzen/lxgia/lxgia.img,hda6,w']
> root = "/dev/hda6 rw"
> dhcp="dhcp"
>
> And the image is still at the right place and could be booted:
>
> #> file /root/xeninstanzen/lxgia/lxgia.img
> /root/xeninstanzen/lxgia/lxgia.img: Linux rev 1.0 ext2 filesystem data
>
> As I said, I was able to create this domain before. Since I'm
> fairly new to XEN I don't really know what to do now. Am I
> doing something wrong?
> How can I get some more helpful information? How to debug
> such problems?

As an experiment, please try to use losetup to setup the loop device
manually then use a vbd of 'phy:loopX,hda6,w'.

Adding some debugging to the vbd-file script would be useful too. I
suspect there's a problem allocating a loop device.

Thanks,
Ian