Re: [Xen-users] Devices not available in domain

Anthony Liguori wrote:
Gisbert Amm wrote:

I got my domain up and running, receive an IP via DHCP, can login as root and it works so far.

However, when I try to login as a non-privileged user, I get

bash: /dev/null: Permission denied

Wild guess, but this sounds like a devfs issue. Are you running a distro (like Gentoo) that requires devfs and then using the standard Xen kernel?

I don't know. It's a SuSE 8.1 Image of a running workstation I use for testing.

Make sure you have udev installed in your VM.

It's currently not installed and I unfortunately can't find a rpm for SuSE 8.1 (only for SuSE 9.1 and up).

Gisbert