Re: [Xen-users] Multiple bridges in startup

  • To: andrew mathes <amathes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Gil Freund <freund.gil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:30:36 +0300
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:30:22 +0000

On 4/28/05, andrew mathes <amathes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> wow, i was just going to post about this, i can't find it either ...
>
> i think it's in xend-config.sxp: under
> (network-script    network bridge=xen-br0 netdev=eth0)
> (network-script    network bridge=xen-br1 netdev=eth3)
>
> but this isn't actually setting up two bridges for me ...

Nor here. I can set up other bridges manual (see below)

> and i think you don't need to declare specific MAC's, as long as the
> bridge/vif is set up correctly.  ( I am specifying MAC's for DHCP
> reservation)
>
> any help for the both of us? maybe we'll figure it out together

OK, I will start with manual settings:

circus:/etc/xen/scripts# ./network start bridge=xen-br1 netdev=eth1
antispoof=yes
network start bridge=xen-br1 netdev=eth1 antispoof=yes
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

in the domU I can see two NIC, but DHCP does not work. DomU domains
with static IPs work.

Now I have a bridge (xen-br1) using the mac address of eth1, however, when I do
./network stop bridge=xen-br1 netdev=eth1 antispoof=yes
xen-br1 us still up. Is this normal?