Re: [Xen-users] installation of Xen binary on Fedora 2 with LVM

> The first was:
>     kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
>     module /vmlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 root=LABEL=/ ro console=tty0
>     It says the it can't find the / (root) and looks for a
>     floppy or an NFS root. (I don't have a floppy at all and there is
>     no floppy entry in /etc/fstab).
>     Then it ask me to press any key, and when I do so - it reboots.

You can't use the LABEL=/ syntax unless you have an initrd.  However, you
could look up the partition number of the root device in /etc/fstab and use
that instead. (e.g. something like root=/dev/hda2).

That should work on FC2.

> In the second I added one line:
>     module /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img
>

> The initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img is the original Fedora imitrd file (is it
> OK to use it ?)

You'd need to build a new initrd using mkinitrd.  You can probably do without
on FC2, however.

Cheers,
Mark