[Xen-users] multiple vif's/bridges

i'm confused what the "mac" paramater on vif's in the startup configuration file for a domain does.

i have this in my configuration file:
vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:1a:%d:11' % (vmid), 'bridge=xen-br0']
vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:1a:%d:12' % (vmid), 'bridge=xen-br1']

and while my REAL question is why this doesn't bind the second vif to bridge1, my first concern is that what's happening is the second line's MAC is being given to eth0 on my VM, and eth1 is getting something fairly random looking.

is this mac the mac of the bridge being binded to, the mac of the new vif in the domain? And if it's the mac of the if in the domain, why would these two lines not assign those two macs to eth0/1 respectively?

I'm sure someone out there has bound multiple ethernet cards to different interfaces ... seems like a very common server setup, any enlightenment from xen guru's out there?

mostly curious about the "vif" paramater in your domain startup configuration as well as if you used the default "vif-bridge" script.

thanks a lot
Andrew Mathes