Re: [Xen-users] Installing NFS server on unprivileged domain

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 23:57 -0700, Tom Brown wrote:
> > I thought that I perhaps mangled this custom kernel so I ripped it all
> > out and made the same changes to 2.6.10-xenU.  The same results.  So, I
> > tried the same for 2.6.10-xen0.  Same results.  I tried directly
> > editing .config to say that sunrpc should be compiled as a module.  No
> > change.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong? How does one install an NFS server on an
> > unprivileged domain? Thanks - John
>
> what does modprobe say? Did you remember to copy the modules into the
> appropriate /lib/modules directory in the filesystem for the xenU domain?
>
> -Tom

Thanks for such a quick response.  I didn't even try modprobe as there
was no sunrpc.ko or sunrpc.o to be found anywhere in the /lib/modules/
subdirectories.  I tried this morning anyway and it complained about not
being able to find sunrpc.

I do notice that I have a xen-2.0/linux-2.6.10-
xenUNFS/net/sunrpc/sunrpc.o

That would appear to be the necessary module but it did not install.
I'm hesitant to work around the installation procedure lest I break
something I don't understand.  I notice the same file in linux-2.6.10-
xen0 and linux-2.6.10-xenU (I eventually tried NFS in all three).
Should this file have been copied during the make install? If so, any
idea why it wasn't? Thanks again - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net