Re: [Xen-users] Problem when booting Xen for the first time.

I suggest taking the extra 'z' out of 'vmzlinuz' as a start :)
It should be vmlinuz not vmzlinuz

Jack B wrote:
Hi all.
I wanna try Xen to compare it face to VMWare and face to QEmu but I've a little problem. I've installed it correctly - I think - and define in the grub.conf file the following entry :
      title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.10
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
         module /vmzlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 root=/dev/hda1 ro console=tty0

 My Linux main partition is on hda1.
Files xen.gz and vmzlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 are present on /boot (I must also highlight a problem in Xen documentation taht say to write /boot/xen.gz and /boot/vmzlinuz... in the grub file. But when specifying /boot grub don't find the files).

The problem is that Xen kernel boot (xen file is find) and apparently vmzlinuz too but reboot after some few seconds. The only message I can read is : Kernel Panic : Syncing no init found try passing init= option to kernel

Anyone have an ideas about that ??? What initrd image must I set to solve this ? What debug informations can I give you to detail more accurately the problem ?

Thanks.
JB