Re: [Xen-users] xen on suse 9.3 and software raid

> volume group 'system' using physical volume /dev/md0
>   volume groups
>   /dev/system/dom0_root    root filesystem for domain 0

Oh, ok.

> >>$ cat /sys/block/md0/size
> >>0
> >
> >Hmm.  Not sure whenever this is a problem.
> I was expecting to see the value 232299648 in /sys/block/md0/size
> This struck me as strange.

Yes, it's at least suspious.

> md: considering hda3 ...
> md:  adding hda3 ...
> md: created md0
> md: bind<hda3>
> md: running: <hda3>
> raid1: raid set md0 active with 1 out of 2 mirrors

... and these lines are missing when booting the xen kernel.

Ok, so it looks like /dev/md0 wasn't activated correctly for
some reason, thus lvm didn't find any volume groups there.

I don't think placing the root fs directly in /dev/md0 would
change anything.  You'll get the different error then (rootfs
mount fails).  But the reason most likely is the same: md0
is not (or only half-way) activated ...

  Gerd