[Xen-users] xen SUSE 9.3 ReiserFS domU not finding root fs

Hi,

I have trouble starting my domU on a suse 9.3 box. I use the xen that shipped with suse.

I use file backed VMs and created the root and swap images. I used mkreiserfs to format the image file and installed suse 9.3 via the YaST module "install into directory for XEN". finally I created /etc/fstab IN the loop mounted image file:

/dev/sda1 / reiserfs defaults 1 1 /dev/sda2 swap swap pri=42 0 0 devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0 proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

If I boot such a domU - it panics while booting saying something like: "Not syncing root file system - rebooting in <1>". If I use an image file which was formatted with ext3 (again adjusted the /etc/fstab) everything works fine and SUSE is booting. After a closer look I noticed that the ext3 filesystem is used in ext2 mode only.

How do I use ReiserFS for my unprivileged Domains? Do I need an initrd? How do I configure it? I tried the /boot/initrd-xen from suse and used the following line in my config but it doesnÂt seem to work too:

ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen"

Can anybody help?

thanks a lot!
Daniel