Re: [Xen-users] CCISS driver on HP DL380 G3 ?

> I am trying to boot Xen 2.0.5 on an HP DL380 G3. It won't. The box has
> an "HP Smart Array 5i" that when running normal Linux is handled by the
> CCISS driver. I suspect that this is what is not supported in the stock
> Xen kernel. Am I correct that I need to build a kernel from source ?

Yes, you just need to add support for the CCISS driver in your kernel
configuration and rebuild. Assuming you have a bitkeeper repository
at $(BKROOT), the procedure is:

# cd $(BKROOT)/linux-2.6.10-xen0
# make ARCH=xen xconfig      (configure however you want)
# cd ..
# make

cheers,

S.