Re: [Xen-users] max loopback devices

  • To: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:50:24 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:49:51 +0000

On 5/21/05, Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I fail to understand your attitude - I apologized 2 minutes after your
> initial response. Why are you dragging this out?
>
>                             -Kip
>
> On 5/20/05, andrew mathes <amathes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > i just wanted to verify ... is this REALLY your kernel boot line, and do
> > you have more than 8 loopback devices running?
> >
> > because it only worked for me having max_loop on the 2nd line, otherwise
> > it wouldn't let me do it.
> >
> > and if you don't have more than 8 loopback devices running, the snootiness
> > isn't appreciated, especially if you're not 100% sure that you're right.
> >
> > so my fault if yours is actually working in the configuration you have
> > there, but the attitude is still unnecessary.
> >
> > so for anyone else ... try it on the vmlinuz line as well
> >
> > have a nice day
> >
> > On Wed, 11 May 2005, Kip Macy wrote:
> >
> > > In the future check the FAQ first, here is my grub line:
> > > kernel /xen-3.0-debug-untested.gz dom0_mem=524288 max_loop=255
> > > com1=9600,8n1 cdb=com1 console=com1 hz=1000

Kip,

That is not for you. I did not do it because of you, but
because, if the FAQ is wrong (and that should not be
considered a very weak possibility cause the software
is going a lot of changes, and may be you remember
a problem with the a feature of 3.0 that is in the
documentation for 2.0), the FAQ should be corrected.

The phrase used in the FAQ is NOT clear to me. "The
domain 0 kernel command line in Grub" is not clear
to me. And that is why I suggested an example, in
order to clarify the matters. May other people just
misunderstand that line, and I would not like that
happening.

If I was rude to you, I apologize, that was not and is
not what I mean. And will never be.

--
Bye,
Fernando Maior