Re: [Xen-users] Problems building a xen0 kernel on Suse 9.3

On Tue, May 24, 2005 1:59 am, James Bulpin said:
> I've just tried a build of the tree extracted from that RPM on my FC3 box
> - it appears to build fine. I'll check on a SuSe box tomorrow - access
> isn't practical right now.

I tried the following on an out-of-the-box SuSE 9.3 install:

rpm --install /tmp/kernel-source-2.6.11.4-20a.i586.rpm
cd /usr/src/linux  (symlinks to linux-2.6.11.4-20a)
cp ./arch/i386/defconfig.xen .config
make ARCH=xen oldconfig
make ARCH=xen

It got a good way through the build and only stopped due to an unrelated
problem.

Can you post the actual errors you saw?

Regards,

James