RE: [Xen-users] Problems building a xen0 kernel on Suse 9.3

  • To: "James Bulpin" <James.Bulpin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jeffrey Buell" <jbuell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:40:50 -0700
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 May 2005 18:40:18 +0000

James,

I did exactly the same thing as you did, except I skipped your initial rpm
command (but rpm -qa confirms I have the right source).  In the end I got the
same undefined references as before.  Hopefully you can fix your "unrelated
problems" so we can see if this is a SUSE/Xen problem or not.  An unrelated
issue is using the O= option to relocate the build output to a different
directory.  Do you ever use this?  This works fine for the regular kernel but
causes an immediate failure when building a Xen kernel (missing asm
directories).

Jeff

# rpm -qa | grep source
kernel-source-2.6.11.4-20a
# make ARCH=xen

  <everything compiles>

  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
arch/xen/kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x85b): In function `ctrl_if_suspend':
: undefined reference to `teardown_irq'
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x4b2c7): In function `balloon_process':
balloon.c: undefined reference to `kmap_flush_unused'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1