Re: [Xen-users] vmware inside Xen

I am sorry, something in Kmail is very broken...
Here my original message:

I am not an expert on this but I think the reason is that most of the machine
code that runs inside the vmware ist passed straight to the cpu instead of
simulating a x86 cpu (this is good for speed). Therefore vmware expects to
run on a x86 cpu which Xen does not provide.

This brings me to the (probably stupid) question: Do I need to recompile every
package that I want to run inside Xen because the architecture is different?
(I think the answer is "no" but why?)

Yours Claus