RE: [Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Installing Xen on CentOS]

> i am interested in helping out too. I ran into the same
> problems using cyrus-imapd with FC{2|3}, so i rebuilt the db4
> rpm with no NPTL support.
> I could try to do that again for centos-4. Interested?
>
> According to Ian, there is another approach (search the devel
> list for the subjects "db4 problem" and "glibc patch for
> TLS"): apply the glibc- patch you find in this SRPM
>
>   <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/RPMS/fc3/>
>
> and rebuild the glibc and _all_ rpms which use TLS directly
> (unfortunatly nobody knows them) with the gcc option
> "-mno-tls-direct- seg-refs". Due to lack of time, i did not
> try that yet.

Just rebuilding libc will be sufficient -- any remaining apps (of which
there are very few, possibly none) will just get reduced performance.

Even without the glibc patch, running with TLS enabled is perfectly safe
thesedays, it just hurts performance. The warning message is needlessly
scary.

Ian