RE: xen, xensource, community, logo, wiki and licencing (Was: Re: [Xen-users] Copyright Question (Logo))

> I think Philipp raised an interesting question, as I was also
> willing to use the logo as a basis for a community site logo.
>
> This makes me ask a more general question on Intellectual Property :
> Xen's source code is clearly under GPL, but logo,
> documentation and even the yet-to-be-official wiki have no
> mention of licence, owner nor of usage rights (see
> http://www.debian.org/logos/ for an example).

Yep, we're working on this. We're in the process of taking legal advice
to create a trademark licensing policy.  Until that has been completed,
I don't wish to grant any licenses as it will just complicate things.
I'm hoping we'll be done in a couple of weeks or so -- please check
back.

Best,
Ian