Re: [Xen-users] SuSE 9.3 domU /sbin/ifup workaround

Replying to my own post...

I forgot to say that I had to manually create my
network device configuration file, because the
Yast tool can't detect the ethernet device automatically.
(getcfg broken?)

Here is one way you could do it, adapt for you site.
(I have not tested this, so watch for my typos,
word wrap etc...)

cat >"/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id-$(cat /sys/class/net/eth0/address) <<eof
IPADDR=10.2.8.2
NETMASK=255.0.0.0
NETWORK=10.255.255.255
STARTMODE=onboot