Re: [Xen-users] Crash at xm save with xen 2.0

I wrote:
I have tried to xm save and restore a vm but xen or the kernel crash during
save; not always at the same point because the written save file is of
different size each time. Restore is of course not possible because the save
file is not complete.

I have tested this on a real P-III and inside a demo VMware 5.0 workstation.
I guess the problem could be with my kernel config, or with some libraries
of my distribution.

I have still not managed to get xen to do save/restore with CentOS 3 and xen 2.0.6/linux-2.4.30. Even after reducing the kernel config to defconfig-xen0 plus my SCSI drivers, the symptoms are the same (kernel panic).

So is there anyone on this list with a working xen 2 and CentOS 3 / RHEL 3 as dom0/domU OS? If so, please tell me.

For now I am going to get FedoraCore 4 and try to get CentOS 3 working as guest only.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold