Re: [Xen-users] Problems starting xend

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 05:06:55PM +0100, James Bulpin wrote:
> >such file or directory: '/var/lib/xen/xend-db/domain/'
> >'/var/lib/xen/xend-db/domain/'
>
> I'm surprised xend didn't make that directory for itself. You did start
> xend as root didn't you? Try 'mkdir /var/lib/xen/xend-db/domain' and see
> if that helps.

I recently had a similar experience with the 2.0.6 install kit in an
Ubuntu Hoary (server install plus a few req'd packages) test setup.
Had to create both .../domain and .../vnet by hand to get xend to run.
And yeah, I know for sure I was running xend as root, as I would have
had trouble installing the kit or creating the directories if I hadn't
been.  :-/

I was working from a writeup done by some folks at Clarkson that I
found by way of https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenVirtualMachine, so that's
where I appended my notes on the experience.  I had meant (still do,
too) to add relevant bits to the Xen wiki when I got a bit further
along, but I've been busy with other projects for a few days.

--
One Zone to rule them all, One Zone to find them,
One Zone to name them all and in the domain bind them,