Re: [Xen-users] trouble with TCP?

Kees Cook wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:35:43PM -0700, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:

Can you tell where they were being dropped? Was netstat -s showing
anything?  Have you tried different TCP apps? ftp, hping, rsync, ssh?
Are you running IPSec or some other filtering?

I'm not running any ipsec, or iptables. I'm not sure what to look for out of netstat -s. (See attached.) I didn't try other TCP apps, since it seemed to be down in the kernel (no ACK coming back).

Looks like you need to add a default route on domU.

Could you fix that and try again?

thanks,
Nivedita

This is usually caused by a misconfiguration of the firewall
or having some needed port not open.

That's what I had hoped, and I've trimmed it down to bare metal now. Originally I thought it was just related to bridging, and I totally removed that from the equation.

Could you collect the ethereal or tcpdump trace of that happening, and also
ifconfig, netstat -tan, netstat -s, sysctl -a, ip show rule, output?

Sure! See attached. It's got two directories, with the output from all mentioned commands (and route -n) along with xenU.pcap and xen0.pcap. To me, it just looks like xenU is just plain ignoring the SYN,ACK that comes in. :(