Re: [Xen-users] Debian Packages for 2.06

I combined a couple of sub-threads here..

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 07:19 -0400, Turi Peter wrote:
> Ian Pratt wrote:
> >>http://meadowcourt.org/xen/

So Adam Heath must run the meadowcourt.org site.. only the src.tar.gz
link works there. I suspect maybe the .debs not working may have
something to do with the release of Sarge.

> >A number of different people have created debian packages at various
> >points in time, and it would be great if we could have a (small) set
> of
> >people that we could work closely with to ensure that the best
> possible
> >Xen packages are available and maintained. Having >1 than one person
> >would hopefully ensure continuity etc.

Agreed; I have been using/deploying Debian solutions for years, and I'm
just starting to roll Xen into the fold. I can surely help test and
provide feedback now, and depending on my schedule get more involved;
time permitting.  I'd certainly like too.  If interest beats discipline,
it will be sooner than later.

> I'd be intrested in that project, because we're introducing xen
> packages
> on our campus cluster based on debian, and we will be creating (have
> been created) debian packages, but an official solution would be
> preferred, so I'm in for such a project.

My Xen needs are still personal right now.. but that's always a
precursor to biz needs.

Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:05:56 -0500
> From: Yvette Chanco <yentlsoup@xxxxxxxxx>

> I'm not a debian package maintainer, but I have created debian
> packages of 2.0.6 for internal use (they are still being tested, but
> here's the link - http://www.option-c.com/debian/pool/main/x/xen/).
> They deviate somewhat from the original packages that Adam Heath
> created, but that can be changed, and I'd be more than willing to
> help
> out so that we could have a consistent and current set available.
>
> -Yvette Chanco
I am going to try these out when I'm back in town (on the road now).

cheers,
iMac

Notice of confidentiality:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above and may be confidential. Should the reader of
this message not be the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorized dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail.