[Xen-users] RE: xen 2.06 debian packages

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tom Hibbert" <tom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:38:19 +1200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:37:23 +0000

> Much as I support the creation of the Debian packages, I can't claim

> any credit -- you must be thinking of someone else.

> A number of different people have created debian packages at various

> points in time, and it would be great if we could have a (small) set

> of people that we could work closely with to ensure that the best

> possible Xen packages are available and maintained. Having >1 than one

> person would hopefully ensure continuity etc.

> Any volunteers?

> Ian

Adam mentioned to me in IRC that he doesn’t have the time to deal with this. Since I use these packages daily through my work projects and it is important for my company to have high quality packages, I volunteer as a (comaintainer.

I have built my packages for 2.0.6 and made some minor changes I consider enhancements including resurrecting support for the 2.4 series that died off in the last version Adam provided. I split the kernel-patch-xen deb into two separate packages for 2.4 and 2.6. I also built a (very unofficial) kernel-source-2.4.30, merging in all applicable patches from the (also unofficial) kernel-source-2.4.29 tree. This was necessary for a project taking place here that is using private kernel code that hasn’t been forward ported to 2.6.

You can find my Xen 2.0.6 patches at http://debian.nsp.co.nz/xen2.0.6, comments welcome.

Tom