Re: [Xen-users] Very Basic Question

Stewart,

the Xen live CD runs the guest OSs with GUI. To me that means: It is definiteley possible.

I haven't been able to start the GUI on my DomUs up til now. As far as I could figure out, the live CD DomUs run a VNC server to which the Dom0 connects to.

I spent some hours connecting the DomU to a Dom0-X-server (according to my opinion this should also be feasible) but it failed on some X-authorization-stuff... The DomU received a rejection from the Dom0-X-server. In other words, the communication seemed to work but the authorizations were not set properly.

This might not be exactly what you wanted to know... all I can say is that X/Gnome/KDE is possible - and I also would be pleased if somebody could name a HOWTO or anything else which could help here.

Thanks!

Cz.