Re: [Xen-users] Very Basic Question

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:21:48AM +0200, Czerwinski wrote:
> This might not be exactly what you wanted to know... all I can say is that
> X/Gnome/KDE is possible - and I also would be pleased if somebody could
> name a HOWTO or anything else which could help here.

Sidequestion: You can actually tell xen to make certain cards (basing on
their pci addresses) to not be seen by dom0. Thus they can be used *by one*
(am I right?) domU. So what if I don't show dom0 the video-card?
Depending on the dom0-OS, it may even work that dom0 can still show up stuff
(totally unsure, I am have not yet begun reading VGA-specs or alike ;-) )
however, just a sitenote.

I actually started to setup my Xen-puter with two VGA-cards, so that'd be
another possibility basing on the above assumption(s).

But now that is all a bit hackish, it would be interesting to see a real
hardware-API here; virtual-soundcards, virtual video-devices, and so on
and so forth.