Re: [Xen-users] xen SUSE 9.3 ReiserFS domU not finding root fs

  • To: 田冠华 <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:27:52 -0300
  • Cc: Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:26:45 +0000

On 7/3/05, çåå <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>      I want to ask a question,  You  are setuping  SuSE on Xen,  does SuSE
> need any special hardware request to run  under Xen ï
>      I have some  PCs  ,just common PC ,can I try to run SuSE  with Xen on
> common PSs,?  Do I have some special hardware to do it ? On what hardware do
> you did it ?
>
> I am looking forward to your  guide.

Hi,

I am not using any special hardware to run Xen on SuSE 9.2
Professional. I just installed SuSE 9.2 into the Intel P4 2.4Ghz
with 1GB RAM and about 40GB disk. The amount of RAM is
what limits the number of xen domains running in the hardware.

And I am not using Xen from SuSE, instead I downloaded the
tar gz package and installed from source. Far better, IMO.

--
Bye,
Fernando Maior