Re: Spam:*, [Xen-users] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3, 1)

Marcus Brown wrote on 05/07/2005 03:40:
 > I'm not sure if this is the answer, but your dmesg suggests that the
kernel is
trying to find a rootfs on /dev/hda5.
I think you should add a root=/dev/hda1 to your kernel stanza in menu.lst.
sorry, it's because, i try both without result

Mine is like this:
title           Xen 2 - Kernel 2.6
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0
module          /vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0
savedefault
boot

I don't understand the logic of repeating the root and console directives,
but it works! :)
not for me ...
i repeat same root entry without success

thanks
Regards

                Julien