Re: [Xen-users] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3, 1)

Yvette Chanco wrote on 05/07/2005 07:39:
Looking at your menu list, I'm curious about this line:

module          /initrd.img-2.6.11-ocxen0

Did you create an initrd.img by hand? That kernel is minimal, and was
yes

designed to boot without need for an initrd (as long as the hardware
which contains your root device is supported, which it appears to be).
ok, i remind me trying to boot with a kernel panic so initrd
but it seems it was a dream or another thing as commenting initrd solves the problem.

strange, initrd which, normally helps the kernel, panic him with more modules ...

thanks a lot
Regards

                Julien