Re: [Xen-users] Networking change in Xen unstable

Hello Mark,
So, could you answer to my original question?
Networking change in unstable breaks my network configuration.
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is not the culprit, since it's been
enabled for years.
What is veth0 thing?
Now I have to kill it after every reboot.

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 05:46:51PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > > echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> > >
> > > if memory serves, I believe you have to reboot for this to take effect.
> >
> > /proc is a viritual filesystem -- reboot and its' contents are lost..
>
> There's a file called (something like) /etc/sysctl.conf for setting /proc/sys
> values persistently (they're set again at each boot).
>
> Cheers,
> Mark
>
> > If you want to make it "permanent", look into sysctl..
> >
> > Hope this helps..
> >
> > Carl

> > - --
> >
> > "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary
> > and those that don't."
> >
> > $>whoami: Carl Holtje
> > $>mail holtje: cwh0803@xxxxxxxxxx
> > $>cu: http://www.cs.rit.edu/~cwh0803