Re: [Xen-users] Networking change in Xen unstable

Hello Ian,
Thanks for explanation.
I don't and won't (I think) have services on dom0 for domUs.

I will modify /etc/xen/script/network to not use veth0 so I
won't have to manually kill veth0 after every reboot.
Wish there were easier way to do it..

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 06:28:15PM +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:

> > What is veth0 thing?
>
> Although you can give dom0 a local ip address on the bridge (xen-br0),
> its not actually entirely safe to do so if you're running services that
> are accessible from other domains -- its possible to get into buffer
> startvation situations, particularly with UDP services.
>
> The unstable tree creates a veth0 interface to use in dom0 that avoids
> these issues. You'll have to update your iptables etc rules accordingly.
>
> If you're not running services accessible from other domains you could
> continue to assign an IP addr to the bridge.
>
> Ian

Takeshi