Re: [Xen-users] Serious performance problems - is Xen not ready for production use?

> My experiment shows changing "mem=268435456" to "mem=256m" doesn't
> help with the ballooning above initial allocation problem.
> (Linux BootPrompt-Howto
> (http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.3)
> suggests both "k" and "m" suffixes can be used for "mem=" argument).

Yep, that's the syntax I would expect for a kernel arg: I don't think this is
responsible for the ballooning problem though - that error must be somewhere
else in the code.

> BTW, i still think "mem=268435456" is a valid configuration to give memory
> in bytes. Both "dmesg" and "free" outputs form the domain booted with this
> configuration show the domain is booted with 256MB memory.

I meant the issue Patrick saw: he had the right amount of memory but none of
it was free.  I was suspicious that it might all be taken up by kernel data
structures.

Did you see lots of memory allocated out of that 256M?

Cheers,
Mark