Re: [Xen-users] Help creating virtual networks of domU guests

On Saturday 16 July 2005 04:14, David Richardson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> Any help with the following question would be greatly
> appreciated.  Here's what I'd like to do: Right now,
> my dom0 has a static IP address on eth0.  I want to
> create a virtual network interface on dom0 (say
> eth0:1),

you don't need an alias on eth0 to do that, create a bridge NOT attached to an
hw interface in dom0, connect the domU's to that bridge, and setup dom0 to
route between eth0 and that bridge.

> and have all of my virtual domU domains
> connect to this interface, creating a vpn.  Of course,
> I need traffic to be routed between eth0 and my
> virtual interface eth0:1 in dom0 so that the domU
> domains on the virtual network can talk to the outside
> world.  Any suggestions for how to do this?  Thanks a
> lot!

Be aware that ALL other computers in your network have to be aware of your
dom0 being a router for the domUs in that setup for it to work.
If you don't need real IPs for your domUs, you can also nat/masquerade between
eth0 and the bridge.

/Ernst