Re: [Xen-users] Help creating virtual networks of domU guests

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Ernst Bachmann wrote:

> On Monday 18 July 2005 03:25, David Richardson wrote:

Hey, guys.. just to get my oar in the water..

> Bridging only accepts real interfaces AFAIK. After all, virtual eth0:1 style
> interfaces are just alias IP adresses, and the bridge works on ethernet level
> and doesn't care about IP at all.

This is incorrect.. bridging is happy with eth0 and eth0:1 interfaces..
my understanding is that it creating the eth0:1 inteface does just that --
creates a (virtual) device just the same as a real device, and loads a new
TCP stack.. for all intensive purposes, it's a stand-alone device..

My undestanding may be off the mark, but the first line, anyways, holds..

:)

Carl

- --

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those that don't."