Re: [Xen-users] PCI device access and debugging output

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 01:59 +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:

> > I built the device driver in Domain 0 against the kernel source for
> > xen-U and the driver loads and claims to see the card. But the
> > application I need to access it claims it can't open the device.
>
> Interesting.
>
> > Before I go to the application developer (Asterisk, if you're
> > interested), I want to confirm that my xen-U domain really does know
> > about the device and the driver is being properly loaded. How would I do
> > this beyond the output I pasted above? Is there any way at all?
>
> Check the dmesg output and see what it says - should have some blurb
> following
> the point where you loaded the module.
>
> Does the driver work in dom0 OK?  Some DMA issues have been fixed in the
> 2.0-testing tree recently, so you might want to try that out.

No. After some further testing, it turns out it was the application
developer's fault. I updated their latest driver from CVS and the card
was recognized on a non-xen system. I'll try it on the xen dom0 kernel
when I can get over to the box.

--
Lee Azzarello
Network Engineer