Re: [Xen-users] Help for a confused newbie

> Are there any instructions along with Xen demo CD. I tried it but the
> GUI is  unfamiliar to me ( I've used KDE ), right or left clicking
> didn't bring up  any menus. I am pretty much lost as to how to
The demo CD comes with Enlightenment and Windowmaker. Documentation for
these window managers can be found on the internet.

> proceed. I'd like set up a  couple logical volumes ( is LVM there on
> the demo CD ) and install a couple  of different distros and run them
The XenLinux kernel on the demo CD does indeed have LVM support, but if
you're going to be installing things on disk anyway I suggest you
install proper Xen rather than trying to run from the demo CD.

> Another question, if I want a graphical environment for my guests,
> where  does the X server run in a Xen environment ? In dom0, domu or
> both ? Thanks in advance
At the moment the only sensible place to run an X server is in dom0.
However, the demo CD has guest domains start Xvnc, so a VNC client
running on the X server in dom0 can show you the graphical output of
each domU. This is a little fiddly to set up but might be useful
depending on what you want to do.

Have fun experimenting with Xen.

--
"The  rules  of  programming  are  transitory;  only  Tao  is  eternal.
 Therefore you  must contemplate Tao before you receive  enlightenment."