Re: [Xen-users] /lib/tls on gentoo

Hi,

On Thursday 21 July 2005 14:07, joe average wrote:

> Fwiw I'm experiencing the same problem on a Gentoo 2005.0 / Linux 2.6
> system (upgraded from 2004.3). I have neither nptl nor nptlonly in my
> USE flags and init is dynamically linked to libc.

Yep, after double-checking, I'm seeing the same in those of mine xenU's where
I upgraded glibc from 2.3.4-something to 2.3.5, which was marked stable
recently in portage...
guess they changed something there again to make it break. :(

Going to test if it degrades performance much, maybe we'll have to revert to
glibc-2.3.4.20041102-r1...

> --newuse is, by the way, not a valid option to emerge.

from "man emerge" ;)
 --newuse (-N)
              Tells emerge to include installed packages where USE flags have
changed since compilation.  An asterisk marks when a USE  flag
              has changed since the package was compiled.

/Ernst