Re:[Xen-users] Which distributed file system for xen

Thanks John and Chris for your commentary. I'm constantly amazed at what
is out there -- projects I didn't know existed.

I think Chris and I are looking for something similiar -- fault
tolerant/high-availability over slow/fast links with ease of
administration and (ideally) zero downtime. I'd like to virtualize my
storage along with my Xen machines.

After looking at AFS again, I was wrong about a couple of things. In the
unstable AFS tree, there is no longer a 2GB file size limit and volumes
can be much larger. AFS has many cool features, including local caching,
online resizing, hot server add/remove, etc. Other than requiring hardware
redundancy, what's wrong with AFS? Doesn't look all that difficuly to get
working. (I've never used it, just read the docs). I've not come across
AFS in corp. production environments. They all seem to use EMC storage
accessed with NFS (at least the Solaris shops anyway).

Regards,

Dave