Re: [Xen-users] vif interfaces drop packets

John Madden schrieb:
vif1.0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF
          TX packets:5649573 errors:0 dropped:13923 overruns:0 carrier:0

FWIW, this appears to be the same situation I reported under a recent thread,
"intermittent network hangs."

Can you confirm that the symtoms of these packet drops are the same for you?

Yes, I think so... but I did not notice the hangs during a session but mostly during the TCP SYN handshake :-o
So in my test scenario the "wget --mirror" hangs mostly during the connect and not during the transfer of some
files... strange problem... did you get the routed environment working? I don't understand how the proxy-arp
for only one ip address works (my host is on eth0 in another ip network than the xen-bridge (eth1)).

Torsten