[Xen-users] Serial port module in Xen

Hi all,

I'm running the linux kernel 2.6.11.12 with Xen 2.0.6 with serial driver
compiled as a module. Unfortunately I can't modprobe the module 8250.ko:
FATAL: Error inserting 8250 (/lib/.../8250.ko): Device or resource busy

dmesg only says:
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 48 ports, IRQ sharing enabled

I have tried as well with 2.0-testing, with share_irqs=0 option to the
module, passed xencons=off to dom0 kernel, tried to insmod it from
initrd to prevent any other driver from taking the device, but had no
luck at all.

The serial driver is modularized because that's the way SuSE ships it.
However the problem exists in vanilla 2.6.11.12 with xen-2.0-testing as
well so it isn't a SuSE-specific issue.

Is there a workaround for this problem? Or is it known problem and I'll
have to recompile the kernel with static serial driver?

Thanks!

Michal Ludvig