Re: Spam:*, Re: [Xen-users] Can't find the reason for "Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console"

Hi,

Goetz Bock wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 14 '05 at 00:04, Mario Minati wrote:
>

>>after moveing a normal server in a xenU Domain
>>
>>--snip--
>>Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
>>[840 times repeated]
>>

>That happened to me too ... it comes from console tools who try to load
>a keyboard map and a font. Just remove the offending programms.
>The Xen/DomU console is just a serial.
>
>.oO(Once appon a time the startup scripts would test if they run on a
>    serial line. But not nowadays :-( )

I had this problem today with a new domU.
#/etc/rcS.d/S05keymap.sh restart
produces the "Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console"
message
and then says:
"use install-keymap"

Various attempts like