Re: [Xen-users] Serial port module in Xen

Ian Pratt wrote:
>>I'm running the linux kernel 2.6.11.12 with Xen 2.0.6 with
>>serial driver compiled as a module. Unfortunately I can't
>>modprobe the module 8250.ko:
>>FATAL: Error inserting 8250 (/lib/.../8250.ko): Device or
>>resource busy
>
> Try booting with xencons=off on the kernel command line and make sure
> that Xen isn't claiming the serial console.

I already tried and I'm sure it didn't help. However now I tried it once
again and it really works. Perhaps a typo in the kernel command line on
the previous test. Sorry for the noise then ;-)

Anyway I recompiled the kernel with statically linked serial driver and
then it worked and found ttyS0. But without xencons=off it complained a
while later:
WARNING: Failed to register Xen virtual console driver as 'ttyS0'

Never mind, this is a cosmetic problem :-)

Thanks!

Michal Ludvig
--
* Personal homepage: http://www.logix.cz/michal